Video Remote Interpreting (VRI)
Video Remote Interpreting (VRI) takes advantage of cutting edge technology to connect you with a qualified interpreter at a remote location at any time. Interpreters are available 24/7 and 365 days a year! All you need is a high-speed internet connection and a computer, laptop, or mobile device equipped with a camera, microphone, and speakers. There is no need to lease special equipment or software, making our VRI service reasonably priced, easily accessible, and user-friendly.
Most Deaf persons prefer an interpreter be provided on-site, but there may be certain situations where VRI can be useful and cost-effective. For example:
- There are no qualified interpreters in your immediate vicinity.
- An interpreter is needed right away without advanced notice.
- Additional travel costs would be too high to bring an interpreter from out of the area.
- Your regular interpreter is absent or unavailable.
- You would prefer to employ an interpreter from out of the area in a private situation.
Our VRI service is provided “By Reservation” or “Instantly,” which means you can either plan ahead for the VRI service or use it for emergency or last-minute needs. The system is secure and HIPAA compliant, ensuring that privacy and confidentiality of the persons involved in your appointment is protected.
View minimum system requirements here.
You can enroll as a VRI customer by submitting our Customer Enrollment Form.
If you have questions or would like additional information, please contact us!