Video Remote Interpreting (VRI)
Video Remote Interpreting (VRI) takes advantage of cutting edge technology to connect you with a qualified interpreter at a remote location at any time. Interpreters are available 24/7 and 365 days a year! All you need is a high-speed internet connection and a computer, laptop, or mobile device equipped with a camera, microphone, and speakers. There is no need to lease special equipment or software, making our VRI service reasonably priced, easily accessible, and user-friendly.
Most Deaf persons prefer an interpreter be provided on-site, but there may be certain situations where VRI can be useful and cost-effective. For example:
- There are no qualified interpreters in your immediate vicinity.
- An interpreter is needed right away without advanced notice.
- Additional travel costs would be too high to bring an interpreter from out of the area.
- Your regular interpreter is absent or unavailable.
- You would prefer to employ an interpreter from out of the area in a private situation.
Our VRI service is provided “By Reservation” or “Instantly,” which means you can either plan ahead for the VRI service or use it for emergency or last-minute needs. The system is secure and HIPAA compliant, ensuring that privacy and confidentiality of the persons involved in your appointment is protected.